It’s simple to perceive why persons are more trustworthy, agreeable, and keen to do offers face-to-face, as a result of trying somebody within the eye provides you a pure stage of belief. But in right now’s digital promoting and distant work world, the power to meet a prospect in particular person is restricted. The repair? Video for gross sales.
Video is now not used simply for product demos. With the assistance of on-line video platforms, video may be at each stage of the gross sales cycle from outreach by way of to closed-won and handed off. We’re speaking about one-way video, often known as asynchronous video, which brings again that high-fidelity face-to-face connection and all of the mutual accountability that comes with in-person conferences.
Asynchronous video is nothing in need of a gross sales secret weapon and this text will clarify how to use it to crush your quota.
- 1. The Benefits of Video for Sales
- 2. Where to Use Video Throughout Your Sales Cycle
- 2.1 Grab Attention
- 2.2 Breathe Life into Your Value Prop
- 2.3 Move Deals Towards Close
- 3. The 4 Types of Video for Sales
- 3.1 Webcam Video (a.k.a. Selfie Video)
- 3.2 Screen Share Video
- 3.3 Video Playlist
- 4. Video Selling Best Practices
- 5. Why Sales Teams Need a Video for Sales Strategy
- 6. Selling Your Team on Video
- 7. Get Up and Running with Video for Sales
- 8. The Key to Getting Started is Starting
The Benefits of Video for Sales
Video makes folks’s ears perk up. Almost all of us really feel compelled to click on a play button once we see it, and that offers you the ability to compel folks to watch your video, even after they wouldn’t read what you wrote.
If you clicked the button above, what I imply. Really, there are 5 good causes try to be utilizing video in your cycles.
- Break by way of inboxes and might earn 3x more responses.
- Build relationships at a distance. Video makes folks really feel like they know you, which makes them more emotionally dedicated and responsive.
- Explain advanced subjects merely. Video permits you to present, not simply inform, and clarify more completely.
- Save time. Higher response charges imply more time spent really promoting.
- Accelerate deal cycles. Some corporations cut their deal cycles in half with video.
That’s most likely why HubSpot has known as video prospecting one of many 10 skills every sales development rep needs to master. (And they’re not the one ones who stand to profit.)
HubSpot makes use of video throughout their whole international gross sales group unfold throughout 5 continents. With video, they’ve achieved 4x booked conferences. Hear from three folks in HubSpot’s gross sales group on how they use video, how they rolled it out to such a big crew, and why they suppose it’s so necessary to gross sales success. Get the complete story in our case study.
Ready to attempt? The solely query is the place you need to start.
Where to Use Video Throughout Your Sales Cycle
Not certain when to use video in the sales process? In brief, video is helpful anyplace in your gross sales cycle the place you’d like larger conversions. It excels on the high of the funnel, the place you’re attempting to crack the eye barrier, but additionally in the middle and bottom, the place you’re attempting to dislodge sticky offers and information them to shut.
Subject traces that comprise “video” are more doubtless to be opened, and emails that comprise a video are extremely doubtless to get a click on. That’s even more true in the event that they embody an attention-grabbing thumbnail.
Video prospecting works simply as nicely in LinkedIn InMails and Twitter DMs as e mail. In addition to driving new leads, they’re additionally efficient for cracking into goal accounts in account-based advertising and marketing packages. Wherever consideration is finite and standing out is paramount, movies assist.
In this video, Pat grabs her prospects’ consideration by utilizing on a regular basis workplace provides to create an eye catching gif thumbnail.
Breathe Life into Your Value Prop
When you could have somebody’s consideration, you’ll be able to clarify your factors a lot more clearly with video than you’ll be able to a novel-length e mail or a PDF that’s dense with screenshots. Video is nice for strolling by way of a deck or explaining the rationale you reached out.
Vidyard’s personal gross sales reps like to stroll by way of the prospect’s LinkedIn web page or web site to level out why they’re such a great match.
Matt Hall from Woodway UK made an unboxing video to present prospects the place they’re going unsuitable with packaging, and the way he will help. To double down he additionally used the Vidyard bubble characteristic over high of his unboxing video in order that he may stroll the prospect by way of the pitch.
Showing the prospect their very own firm’s product gives a compelling purpose for them to click on.
Move Deals Towards Close
Maintain deal momentum with video reminders. If you utilize video throughout your sales process, prospects develop more and more accustomed to your face. Many Vidyard gross sales reps report that clients say they really feel like they already know one another by the point they meet, and that’s a giant aggressive benefit. It makes folks really feel more accountable to you.
If a deal will get tied up over technicalities or stakeholders drag their ft, you’ll be able to unstick issues with targeted micro-demos. They’re excellent for prospects who really feel hesitant about committing to a full demo, or for explaining the worth proposition in phrases that matter to a selected enterprise unit. End the video with a hyperlink to your calendar.
Video continues to be helpful even when the deal is received. It’s nice for contract walkthroughs, handoffs to the customer service team, and support. Wherever issues want explaining, video makes it easy.
In this fast video, Customer Outcomes Manager Jacob Fernandes reminds his contact about an upcoming assembly in a private means, making a no-show far much less doubtless.
The 4 Types of Video for Sales
Most sales videos fall into three categories. Each has completely different strengths, and every serves a barely completely different function.
Webcam Video (a.okay.a. Selfie Video)
Videos recorded with a webcam, usually known as selfie videos, are the workhorse of video in gross sales. They supply an almost face-to-face stage of non-public connection. Use them to construct relationships and introduce prospects to your workplace and your crew—a technical gross sales rep, a buyer assist rep, and even different clients.
Especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the use of webcam and selfie videos has risen drastically. User-generated content material made for your prospect can supply worth by placing a face to a reputation the place you’ll be able to’t meet in particular person or at an occasion. Sales reps have even realized to grasp virtual networking at events by way of webcam and selfie movies.
In this outreach video, Chris van Praag of BabelQuest used some easy enhancing, creativity, and humor to create a very partaking outreach video for his focused account. This inventive strategy helped him join along with his prospect in a memorable means.
Screen Share Video
Screen share videos are used for explaining advanced subjects merely in a digestible format. They’re nice for displaying, not telling, prospects why you reached out. Tour their website or app, your website or app, their LinkedIn web page, an article, or a diagram.
In this display recording video, Vidyard gross sales rep Daniel makes use of the Vidyard Chrome Screen Recorder as a gross sales prospecting instrument to hover over the prospect’s LinkedIn profile. The bubble along with his face within the nook makes even a simple video like this more private.
Pro Tip: Record a selfie plus a display share to get the very best of each codecs.
Once you’ve made a display share video for a prospect, now you can use Vidyard to send a direct video message on LinkedIn. Adding a display share video to your preliminary introduction will enhance the prospect that your recipient will open the message and listen to what you could have to say.
Playlists let gross sales reps tack a private recording onto a pre-recorded video. That means, they get all the advantages of a radical clarification and high-production worth with out recreating it every time.
This playlist contains completely different variations of Vidyard’s 3-minute demo video for completely different use instances: Marketing, gross sales, and inside communications. Viewers can watch all of them or skip forward to the person video that pursuits them most.
Video Selling Best Practices
You don’t want a video manufacturing diploma to make movies that promote. But, it does assist to hear to individuals who do have one, as a result of small adjustments make big differences in how interesting and straightforward your movies are to watch. Consider your:
- Lighting: Position your self dealing with a window with daylight, if attainable.
- Sound: Use the microphone in your headphones and file in quiet areas.
- Location: Aim to use knowledgeable trying area that’s tidy and doesn’t distract out of your messaging. Since many places of work have moved to distant workplaces, which means many individuals are making gross sales calls from their houses, and that’s okay! Just ensure everybody in the home is aware of that you’re recording.
Above all, be fascinating. That begins together with your message. No quantity of video dressing can masks an irrelevant message that’s not value responding to. Tailor your:
- Thumbnail: Does your video thumbnail make folks need to click on? Try utilizing movement, with a GIF.
- Message: Why them? Why you? Why now? What’s the profit? Start by explaining why they, particularly, ought to care, then clarify a part of the way it works. But don’t give away every little thing. The level is for them to be interested enough to respond.
Why Sales Teams Need a Video for Sales Strategy
Video works greatest when the entire sales team is using it. This feeds a virtuous cycle of experimentation, suggestions, and sharing.
Someone discovers that sending late-night movies to chief authorized officers will get nice responses? Everyone ought to attempt it. Someone finds out that ending with a cliffhanger earns added curiosity? Make it a best practice.
Analytics is usually a enormous assist. Reps could not all the time know whether or not the outcomes they’re getting are good or dangerous, and a gross sales chief with entry to everybody’s movies can uncover pockets of excellence.
For occasion, if one salesperson with common response charges closes an uncommon variety of offers utilizing video, that’s value realizing about. They ought to share their secrets and techniques with the remainder of the crew.
Sales managers ought to have a look at:
- Email opens
- Email responses
- Meeting guide charges
- Win charges
- View time proportion
Also, take into account how one can cut back your crew’s effort. An excellent enterprise video platform can cross knowledge to your buyer relationship administration (CRM) system to alert reps when consumers watch, set off workflows when viewers don’t full a video or score leads based mostly on view time proportion.
Selling Your Team on Video
Not each gross sales crew has video in its DNA. Some gross sales reps don’t initially perceive its potential or don’t need to break their ingrained habits to attempt one thing new. But if we’ve got all realized something from the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s that enterprise will go on and so gross sales reps want to adapt and embrace digital promoting in the event that they don’t need to get left behind. Virtual promoting is now not a “nice to have” talent, it’s now and endlessly a necessity. If a member of your gross sales crew continues to be hesitant, take into account coming at it the identical means you seal a deal, and sell them on video’s productivity gains.
There are two methods video sometimes spreads:
- Bottom-Up: A rogue gross sales rep begins to exceed their quota, and a part of the story is that they’re utilizing video. The numbers say all of it, and different reps are fast to copy.
- Top-Down: Leadership understands video’s potential and implements a video platform. In this occasion, it’s a good suggestion to certify salespeople on the use of video, so that they’re armed with sufficient steerage to see preliminary success, to get excited, and for the method to catch on. Sales leaders can use promotions or spiffs to encourage video’s use, and even make video mastery a prerequisite for promotion.
If you end up pitching somebody within the group on the advantages of video, do it based mostly on the group’s wants.
Do salespeople want more top-of-funnel curiosity? Video in e mail can supply 3x higher response rates than e mail alone. Does the group undergo from a fancy product or gross sales cycle? Video helps set up and maintain relationships wanted to perform a year-long gross sales cycle with many stakeholders. Does the group need to do more growth offers? Video’s nice there too.
Get Up and Running with Video for Sales
Don’t merely arm gross sales reps with video instruments. Create a video rollout plan that ensures that the political capital you’ve spent bringing video into the group doesn’t go to waste.
Ask your self:
- What software program do you want? You’ll want a video platform in order for you reps to share movies, create playlists, personalize content material, see analytics, and cross all of that knowledge to the CRM.
- Who wants to be educated? Sales managers in addition to gross sales reps. The gold commonplace is a certification program.
- Who wants to be concerned to purchase and launch a brand new software program? Probably advertising and marketing and probably IT.
- Where do you begin? Make it easy for everybody by figuring out the preliminary use-cases. Pick ones that play to your group or crew’s strengths. Start small, look for success, then increase from there.
- How many movies per week? Set expectations for the quantity of content material that gross sales reps are anticipated to make and ship.
- How is it going? Create channels for suggestions in order that successful leads to more wins. If you share closed/received notes or different deal received notifications with the crew, take into account encouraging reps to notice after they used video in order that others see it.
The Key to Getting Started is Starting
Video will help you hit your quota, in case you let it. When you get responses from prospects like, “Wow, never seen that before,” and “Honestly this is the best cold email I’ve ever gotten,” video turns into behavior. The benefits trickle throughout the sales team and lift everybody’s numbers.
And that’s the way you construct a video-first gross sales tradition that persistently crushes quotas quarter after quarter after quarter…
This submit was initially revealed on June 15, 2020. It was up to date on March 11, 2022.